Monday 24 February 2014

Lamb Meatballs


I always thought I didn't like lamb, but recently my tastes have changed, and I'm trying lots of foods and flavours that I had always dismissed before..

It's fine to dislike a particular flavour or texture, but I've learned it's just silly to dismiss foods just because we think we don't like them. Experiment with different methods of cooking meat or vegetables before categorically ruling them out of your diet, since cooking method and cut of meat can change flavours drastically. I spent most of my life thinking I didn't like steak, now I have a lot of steak to eat to make up for those missed years..

Lamb is a pretty expensive meat, but if you shop around there is value to be found. 

This dish is packed with flavour, quick to put together and is brimming with natural, nutritious ingredients. This is another dish that would be perfect as leftovers, so why not make extra and store in the fridge for a healthy lunch the following day. 


For the meatballs:
  • 1lb minced lamb
  • 2 tbsp ground almonds
  • 1 egg 
  • fresh mint leaves, chopped
  • juice of 1/4 lime
  • sea salt

Preheat oven to 170d. 

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.


Roll into small meatballs, using about 1 tbsp of meat at a time. 


Place in a heatproof dish. Drizzle with melted coconut oil & place in preheated oven for 15 minutes. 


I served these meatballs with one of my favourite side dishes, cauliflower rice. I added peas, mint leaves, turmeric and lime wedges (removed after cooking)... it tasted pretty awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment