Sunday 5 January 2014

Turkey meatza..

The weather this evening was pretty miserable so I wasn't in the mood to go out. It's pretty unlike me to just want to chill out in front of the tv for a few hours... so since a movie was on the cards, why not have pizza to go with it..


I've already posted a similar recipe for pizza with a chicken base, but I'm always looking for ways to improve recipes so I can't resist experimenting. I had some leftover turkey mince, so decided to throw together a meat feast pizza :) 

  • 1lb lean turkey mince
  • fresh parsley
  • sea salt
Preheat oven to 180d (fan). 

Simply mix mince & chosen spices together until combined. 
On a large piece of greaseproof paper, flatten mixture into a large circle about 1cm thick. (Using wet hands helps prevent the meat sticking to your fingers). 


Bake for 10 minutes until cooked through. Remove base from greaseproof paper & place on a pizza tray (this helps give a crispy, firmer base similar to that of a traditional dough base)


Add whatever toppings you have to hand.. since I'm leaning towards a ketogenic style diet at the moment, I definitely wasn't shy about adding lots of meat & cheese! 


I love this meatza & since it's so quick to throw together, why would you even consider calling for a take away.. 


I'm always saying this, but the more I make food that tastes this good, I genuinely wonder why anyone would choose processed options over homemade clean food...

No comments:

Post a Comment