Friday 3 January 2014

Crepes (Grain free)

Sometimes I'm disorganised.... sometimes I find myself with very little food in the house & it throws my plans into disarray, I'm hungry and want something NOW...This is the reason why you shouldn't keep bad food in the house. If you find yourself hungry, you'll more than likely reach for that *insert poor quality food of choice here*. 

Instead of having bad food in the house, I always have emergency supplies for when I don't make it to the shops and still need to eat well. Choose foods that you can store without worrying they'll go off in a matter of days...My emergency supply always includes tinned fish, nuts, frozen berries and eggs. These are all perfect snacks and are 100% better than the alternative snacks you had in mind! 

Last night, I found myself running low on basically everything & had no meat defrosted so had to be creative to make sure I had a decent meal with lots of protein... so I made dessert! 

Low carb crepes for dinner..... Remember, eating clean doesn't need to be restrictive, you can eat whatever you want, once you're a little inventive :) 


Crepes:
  • 3 eggs 
  • 2 tsp Keen Almond Butter 
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour (or sub with 2 tbsp almond flour)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Filling:
  • 50g raspberries
  • 25g flaked almonds
  • 100g Fage Greek Yogurt 

Whisk all the ingredients for the crepes together until well combined. 
Melt a little coconut oil in a large pan. 
Once hot, pour in the crepe mixture and cook until slightly bubbling on top. 


Add your filling, fold over & serve! Simple :) 

It's really easy to eat good food. Keep eggs in the fridge at all times, and you'll never need to eat badly! 




No comments:

Post a Comment